Wednesday 21 December 2011

And So It Begins...

Well I thought I'd finally try my hand at this blogging stuff, seems better than ranting my opinion to all my friends over social media, where shall I start? Well I am a Birmingham City fan of around 10 years and I have to say I've seen my fair share of "joys and sorrows" as your average Bluenose would say. I've seen several heartbreaking relegations, and also a few joyous promotions. I've seen my team win a major trophy, and play in Europe, which I may come to later.

So what will I do here? Well I'm thinking I will blog after every game both home and away, ones I attend and ones I don't attend. Regardless of result, i will voice my opinion, which means bad times for you, I joke of course! I will probably blog about random Blues related topics too, such as: finances, backroom affairs, supporters views, general football and much more.

More about me then and my personal Blues opinions. Well i'll start with highs and lows. My outright favourite Blues player of the current squad has to be Curtis Davies. Davies is becoming a better defender with every game, and for that reason i really admire him. He is also big in the scene on Twitter and has his fair share of decent banter with former Blue Darren Carter, he seems a very nice bloke. He came in January last season for around £3.5million from local rivals Aston Villa, and wasn't used much due to the sustained partnership of Roger Jognson and Martin Jiranek in defence. Davies played in the last game of the season away at Spurs where we were relegated, showing some good quality in our last ounce of effort to stay in the Premier League. People knew that the likes of Johnson and Dann would be shifted at the end of the season, so Davies time was soon to come. Then to this season, the first game of the season was good, to begin with. Davies rose to head home from Jordon Mutch's sublime corner to put us 1-0 up against Derby County, who we lost 2-1 too. Since then Davies has captained us on several occasions and in the words of Mick McCarthy he has "put in a reet shift". This is why I admire him. Then the bad points, I cannot stand the over-payed, over-sized oath that is... Nikola Zigic. Yes the man scored in the Carling Cup Final and also scored a few PL goals.. But he has been disgraceful this season, especially the missed penalty v Braga, i would very much like to see him sold!

Anyway that's me, like it or lump out. Looking to make this a daily thing. Speak soon guys, Keep Right On. In the meantime here is a picture of our Lord and Saviour.... Keith Fahey. Who said there was no humour in blogging? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment